One of my absolutely favourite things to paint are my name illustrations!
When I was little, I rarely found my name on personalised gifts; it would skip straight from Ben to Betty, with no Beth or Bethany in sight! I can remember having a Beth headband and wearing it with pride, and I was so touched when a family friend found a Bethany illustration to hang on my wall. It felt so special thinking this was just for me, and no one else!
Over the last couple of years, we’ve been welcoming lots of new faces to friends and family, so I’ve been excited and honoured to create some beautiful personalised name illustrations to celebrate new births, christenings and birthdays.
If a personalised name illustration sounds like just the right thing to earn you some brownie points with the littles, their parents or grandparents, then I would love to hear from you. Send me an email (email@example.com) or an instagram DM (@bethanyrobyn) and we can get the ball rolling.
Illustrations are usually ready to send within 2-3 weeks depending on my current workload, so if you require the painting sooner please let me know when we talk through ideas!
So, how do we do this?
- Step 1 – send me a message, email or instagram DM and we can talk through a few ideas. Don’t forget to include the name and any theme ideas.
- Step 2 – once we’ve settled on an idea, let’s confirm a price and payment date! Normally, I charge between £50-80 plus postage per illustration, depending on complexity.
- Step 3 – I’ll draw an initial sketch and send it to you for feedback. Please note, most changes and amends are completely fine to make to the sketch, but in the unlikely event that you ask for endless tweaks and changes then things might get awkward and we might have to revise the costs!
- Step 4 – Once we’re happy with the sketch, I’ll get painting.
- Step 5 – Once it’s painted, I’ll send you a photo of the finished illustration and prep it to send.
- Step 6 – I’ll pop it in the post, recorded delivery.
- Step 7 – You’ll receive the illustration, give the gift and receive all the brownie points. Everyone wins!
Need a little inspiration?
Here are some of my favourite things to draw, in case they help spark an idea:
- Fairies, mermaids and witches
- Woodland creatures
- Riverside adventures
- Under the sea
- At the seaside
- Seasonal flowers
These are just a few suggestions to get you thinking, but if you have a theme or colour scheme in mind, please get in touch!
What you get:
An original, signed watercolour illustration on 410mm x 310mm 300gsm traditional watercolour paper, designed and illustrated just for you.
But more than that, you get love and adoration from your little ones, the biggest slice of cake from their loved ones and a happy dance from me!